Charles Haley: A Football Life
Charles Haley will always be remembered as a versatile defensive player capable of creating chaos for opposing quarterbacks. Haley finished his career at James Madison University as the school’s all-time leader in tackles and became a fourth-round pick of the San Francisco 49ers in the 1986 NFL Draft. Haley helped the 49ers bring home Super Bowl XXIII and Super Bowl XXIV, and was then traded to the Dallas Cowboys after an emotional fall out with the 49ers. Warmly welcomed by Dallas and hailed as their defensive savior, Haley played a pivotal role for the Cowboys as they went on to win Super Bowl XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX.
“It’s about winning. There’s nothing else in my life that I thought about but winning. I was never satisfied about my body of work. I always thought I could get better, better, and better.” – Charles Haley
Among the topics discussed in Charles Haley: A Football Life are:
– His upbringing in the farming town of Gladys, Virginia.
– His emergence as a defensive star at James Madison University.
– Haley’s strong defensive presence that was developed with the 49ers.
– His reinvigoration with the Dallas Cowboys and leading them to three Super Bowls.
– His emotional instability and fall out with the 49ers, former coaches and teammates, and his ex-wife.
– His retirement and time devoted as a mentor for rookie football players.
– His battle with Bi-Polar disorder and how he is living with the disease today.
Check us out across other platforms:
Subscribe to Backup Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCReUga-4TxctnfK0QwJ-UHQ
In the past some have asked how they can donate to the channel, you don’t have to, but if you want to leave a tip you can do it here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=75SG5QZN78FMJ&source=url
#CharlesHaley #NFLFanzone #NFL